Sunday, March 24, 2013

Celebrate Life ~ Create to Live Challenge {March}

I created this page for a challenge over at Susan K. Weckesser's blog. She posted a Create To Live Challenge for March and used this photo for inspiration.


 Now I grabbed a sheet of cardstock and a few stamp sets and gathered my ideas. I wanted polka dots to mimic the upper washi tape and chevron pattern in the cupcake wrapper... While looking I saw this amazing argyle pattern and was set....away I went stamping and spritzing...






I stamped some polka dot patterns and some chevron and polka dot butterflies onto the cardstock and grabbed my white gel pen and started to doodle on the page. Faux stitching around butterflies and for the paths they take to signify my new journey I embarked on last fall. My CIBC Walk for the Cure - my way to celebrate life by giving to those fighting for it. I am adding another journey to my life this year and participating in the Arthritis Walk for my 6 year old daughter with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I decided to doodle my title in part because we all celebrate differently and for different reasons. March is a bittersweet month for me. My daughter was born 6 years ago this month, it is Juvenile Arthritis Awareness month, and my grandfather would have celebrated 73 years of life this year...falling short at 46....  So...for them I chose to celebrate life ~ ups and downs happen ~ life happens ~ it's how you look at them that matters ~

I choose to Celebrate!  

 



5 comments:

  1. What fun Tasha! A lovely shot of brightness! Thank you for joining in at Create To Live CHallenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is pinkalicious! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the random stamping! Why haven't I seen this one? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen you have not seen this cause you don't visit anymore...lol and thank you all for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Thought sharing happens here!