Wednesday, June 6, 2012

{Stampaganza ~ Just For You}

Well for my second installment of my Stampaganza series, I have decided to use the Just For You Stamp set (B1398) I have bought 4 of these stamp sets and finally had one that I didn't sell before I got the chance to play with it. Well I finally found time to use it before someone came looking for it...

I was looking for cards to use for the card club again and really wanted to create this card in the current Idea Book. So I took a stab at it... If you decide that you would like to try it too you can find the pattern for it in the Wishes How-to Book. The pattern is called Gallery. I went be just the look of the card and tried to create it myself...

Here's what I used:
B1398 ~ Just for You
Z7147B ~ Stella Paper Packet
Z1360 ~ Rhinestone Designer Brads
Z2114 ~ Cocoa Exclusive Ink
Z2155 ~ Topiary Exclusive Ink
Z2195 ~ Lagoon Exclusive Ink
Z2118 ~ Desert Sand Exclusive Ink
Z697 ~ Sponge
White Gel Pen

On to the card...
I started by cutting the flowered shape on the Cricut using the Art Philosophy Cartridge. This is just one of the many (over 700 shapes) that this useful cartridge cuts out... I then stamped the dotted lines in cocoa onto the shape and picked a pattern and stamped it first in Lagoon and then 'Rock & Rolled' the stamp into Topiary...stamp and repeat, stamp and repeat, stamp and repeat...x6....
 I distressed the edges using Desert Sand and a sponge giving the edges a beautiful golden glow as well as the look of an aged piece of paper...leaving it looking stunning!

I used a white gel pen to draw on faux stitching which is a quick and easy way to add simple details without it taking hours of hand stitching. I added the faux stitching to tie in the cocoa stitched pattern on the flower cut out...

I used mt piercing tool and pierced a hole into the center of the cut out and placed a rhinestone brad. Added 3-D foam squares and pooped up the cut out for some added dimension.

Hope you enjoyed this card, there's more where that came from...stay tuned for more!

Let's Live Inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought sharing happens here!