Friday, June 8, 2012

{Stampaganza ~ Card Word Puzzle ~ Part Deux}

Have you ever noticed that at times you spend more time creating cards that you don't really require and when the time comes that you do need a card for some special occasion you realize that you don't have one?

Well I find that I do this all the time...short on cards for weddings, graduations, or anniversaries...I decided that everyone needs cards for all occasions so while creating cards for the card club I added an anniversary card to the list. I love the one in the current Idea Book with the Card Word Puzzle Stamp Set (C1494) It is a 8x3.5 card which is also another thing I don't make often...for instance maybe once...This card uses the Wishes: All Stacked Up pattern.
Well I set out creating and fell in love with so many aspects of this card. I loved the simplicity without the card coming across as dull.

I made the card on a cream base and added Dutch Blue Cardstock and using the Sanding Block in the Sanding Kit (Z1294) I sanded in a cross-thatch pattern to add some distressed marks to the white-cored cardstock.

I added some spritzed White Daisy cardstock squares (I used Walnut Ink in Java) and stamped my sentiment and two Desert Sand leaves onto the squares. I stamped three flowers onto the cream squares and using the Close To My Heart Watercolor Pencils I colored in each flower and blended. Cut them out and left a slight border around each one.

Once all the pieces were ready I mounted the sentiment onto an Outdoor Denim Square and placed each piece onto the card front. I added some Bitty Pearls which I colored with a Copic marker and two Mocha Opaque Pearls onto the centers of the flowers.

Onto the inside of the card I stamped a flower and colored with the watercolors and voila...New Card!
I truly enjoyed creating this lovely card and hope one day I will part with this card and make a special couple smile! Join me again for another card and another stamp set...

Let's Live Inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought sharing happens here!