Sunday, June 17, 2012

{It's A Bird...A Plane...A Superhero...}

Who doesn't remember wanting to be Superman or Wonder Woman???

As a child I remember wanting to be the Invisible woman or a princess...well not that either of those has come true, but I found that sense of nostalgia when I saw Close To My Heart's Superhero paper pack...I knew I needed to have it.
 Page 1
Page 2

I decided with no boys in my immediate family that I was not going to be needing a lot of the stamps that coordinate with the theme and I wasn't a huge fan of the new alphabet that coordinates with the theme either...so I decided to just buy the Workshop On The Go kit. (G1037)

The Workshop On The Go kit contains:
  • Superhero Paper Packet
  • My Acrylix® Superhero Workshop Stamp Set (C-size)
  • White Daisy Cardstock Sheets (2)
  • Comic Badge Buttons
  • Dimensional Elements Stars
  • Instructional Guide
  • Featured Colors: Cranberry, Moonstruck, Sky
I looked at all the papers used and decided that I really did not want to use the patterned pages for the base and wanted the layout to stand out because the paper was vibrant and bright...so I used some Outdoor Denim Cardstock (1275)

I kept everything that same as the instructions stated until I got to the part of the title...I didn't want to buy a stamp set that I would not use often so I used my Cricut and cut out my letters for the SUPER title... I sponged them Cranberry Ink (Z2116)


Now I wanted to try a new technique so I stamped the back of my layout base and using my Dry Embossing Stylus (Z608) I pressed out the pattern and created a raised design on the front of my base. Once this was done I used my sanding block and gently sanded over the raised design to expose some of the white core of my cardstock...a favorite feature of the Close To My Heart cardstock...

I continued to sand the edges lightly of the layout and expose some of the core to add a nice distressed edge to the layout.

I hope that this inspired you to want to try this paper out...

Let's Live Inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought sharing happens here!