Friday, June 8, 2012

{Heart 2 Heart Challenges ~ Black, White & ? ~ Part 2}

I love the challenge this week over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges so much that amongst my finished projects waiting to be blogged, I found some that fit with the challenge. I decided to blog them in a couple separate posts so it makes it easier to follow...

I loved the July Stamp of The Month from the moment I saw it...It was uber cool and I couldn't wait to play with it. It was one that I thought would be so versatile and useful on both cards and scrapbook layouts...

I didn't really have a plan when these cards were created, I just wanted to try the puddle pad technique. So I ordered three Blue reinkers and  grabbed some baby wipes... I had my rubber brayer and some white cardstock and I was ready...Time to make some paper...

I was trying to make a sky... in hindsight, I realized several things...
  1. Make sure your baby wipes don't have patterns as they transfer onto the paper...My one paper had little bears...
  2. When you see other examples of what the finished product is supposed to look like, don't be too hard on yourself when it doesn't look like that. The best part of this is that it is totally unique every time!
  3. When you think you might have messed up, it really is not messed up, it is unique and will look beautiful and make someone smile! So don't throw it out, Create!
So here is what my cards ended up looking like...

 I used the Soar Stamp and embossed it in Black. I added a strip of Black Satin Ribbon and a little bow.
 I took my Exacto knife and carefully cut out some of the butterfly wings to add dimension and interest to the card.
 This card I wanted to keep it very simple because I loved how the color transferred to the paper and didn't want to take away from that. I again embossed the stamp using Black Embossing powder and added a simple strip of black satin ribbon.

 Truly makes you 'Imagine The Possibilities'

I loved creating these cards and am so glad I finally had incentive to share them with you all. I don't know about you but I find I create more than I can blog...lol! Come back tomorrow for more projects and make sure you stop by Heart 2 Heart Challenges to see all the great projects!


Let's Live Inspired!

8 comments:

  1. I love the blue background paper you made. What shades did you use for the puddle pad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Light Blue shades {Sky, Dutch Blue and Pacifica} I also plan on trying this technique again...for Autumn though...

      Delete
  2. You are on a roll! This card is really unique. Thanks for playing along with us AGAIN at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haley. I have been having fun participating!

      Delete
  3. What a neat technique. Thanks for sharing how you did it and the "tips". I especially love how the inside background turned out and I love how you cut the butterfly wings, too. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you backgrounds are amazing! I am sure you did not think the addition of bears to your card was funny at the time...but the thought of it, made me smile! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing!! I am so impressed! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you are having a great Monday!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool look and technique - I've only cut out leaves once like that - think it became a "been there, done that" thing REALLY fast! tee hee
    Glad you did it, though, maybe I'll try again - it is cool.
    Thanks for playing H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thought sharing happens here!