Monday, May 7, 2012

{Roar means I Love You!}

I got to do a little bit of scrap booking done recently. I played with some of Close To My Heart's new paper line ~ Superhero...more on this in another post...just a bit of a tease...

I also played with some of the new stamps so I picked the Roar! stamp set (D1505) Now I loved this stamp set but realized that it was rather boyish...being that I have 3 girls I was in a situation...I went to the amazing resources that Close To My Heart sets out for all the wonderful fans of their products and found this fantastic video...


I decided to create this layout for each of my two younger daughters. I took two pieces of 12 x 12 Kraft Cardstock () and picked two pink shades of cardstock. I cut my pieces I needed for the layout and grabbed my fabulous Ruler () and Piercing Tool () I decide to do some stitching on the bordering pieces of my dinosaur stamped Colonial White strip.  I stamped the dinosaurs and used 3 shades. Cotton Candy (), Blush (), and Baby Pink (). I stamped the You Rock in Cotton Candy as well as the bones, and T-Rex for the banner. I decided to use some of the Miracle Irresistible and inked them in Blush. I then took my Liquid Glass () and lined the outside of the shape and sprinkled it with white glitter and some fuscia glitter as well.





Now because I was making these for my 3 and 5 year old, I knew I could add sparkles however I wished. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sparkles! I have refrained from using them lately but loved having the chance to use them again...And use them I did!





I added Sparkles () on the T-Rex as well as the middle dot on the bones. I then looked at all the other little Dinos and realized that they all needed some sparkle...I thought about just adding 3 to each one...Well three looked OK but I wanted Spark-tacular!!! I went all out and added as much sparkles as I could...For an added bonus I did include one lone pink sparkle to a random Dino...I thought about adding a little note to the back of each page for my little ones to read later...just a little surprise left for them to discover...


I used our CTMH Pearl Paint () to paint the Cork Alphabet () that I used for their names. I added the Miracle Chipboard shape and popped up the T-Rex, added some liquid glass to the eyes. I added a Bling button with some embroidery thread through the button and looked at the two masterpieces I had created...




When I had showed my little ones the next day it was so great to see their sparkle in their eyes and the smile on their face when they found out that their would be a scrapbook for them each. Nothing could have been better than happy girls!

Let's Live Inspired!

1 comment:

Thought sharing happens here!