Tuesday, May 15, 2012

{Crops of Luv Challenge}

I have had the pleasure to create a layout for Spellbinder's Crops of Luv Challenge...

Let me explain a little bit of how I came to participate in this amazing challenge...I had my friend Karen tell me about this great opportunity to help make documenting the memories of a child and his/her wish come true...I love being with CTMH for just that reason... we make documenting those special moments possible and we help make a child smile! So this was a no thought necessary decision...I was making a layout and kinda knew what I was going to do...OK...I knew what paper I was going to use...lol!

I started with Footloose and was making a beach/tropical themed layout...


I needed to pick a layout that would allow for at least 5 pictures and they had to be movable...I am the queen of adhesive and the one time I need a temporary adhesive...I have none! So after missing out on a great deal on Blitsy...I ventured into Michaels... I got my adhesive and I was ready to assemble my layout.

I will post the pictures and a brief description of the picture and features of this layout...

My main idea for this layout was to have the ocean and the beach represented on the layout...I wanted to add a frame that could flip up to reveal another place to put a photo. I added a pocket to allow for a spot to place journalling.


The pocket is stitched together and arched to add some dimension. I used Liquid glass and my Smooch Spritz to give it a golden sheen...some gold micro beads and nothing says beach like a tan and glow...


I added some stitching to represent the waves of the ocean and to add some uniqueness to the layout...I really wanted someone to smile when they see this and to know that it was made with care...


I layered strips of paper and used the edge distresser to distress the edges and give it a wavy appearance.I took some of the embellishments from the Footloose Dimensional Elements and added them to the layout...



When I got to the frame, I took some wood grained paper I purchased and I painted it with my pearl paint and white paint...I wanted it to look like a distressed beachy frame...I added a wooden clam shape and painted it with some teal paint and added Liquid Glass and glitter... As the Liquid Glass started to dry I ran my Xacto knife edge through the indentations to allow for some texture to form. I love how this turned out!


In addition to submitting this layout for the Crops of Luv I am also submitting this for the Heart 2 Heart Challenges ~ Distress Challenge.
I hope that you will hop on over to Karen's Blog and check out the layout she has submitted! If you are a scrapbooker, please consider entering too...You would be making a child smile!


Let's Live Inspired!

5 comments:

  1. Nice work! Love all the little details, most especially your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to go to the beach! Thanks for sharing your distressed layout with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout! I like the flip up frame and the pocket for journaling. Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Layout for a great cause! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love hidden journaling or a spot for more photos - and can't be at the beach too much!
    Thanks for playing H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thought sharing happens here!