Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WILD about... Christmas Ornaments!

Well here I am finally able to blog once again...I went to a great trade show this last weekend and it was fabulous!!! I took some extra product I had and sold it at the trade show. I also took my handmade cards and tags and other hand crafted items. I did good and had a great time sharing my love for Close To My Heart! A great way to celebrate 1 year with CTMH!!!

So now that I explained my absence from my blog I wanted to share with you a few items I created for the trade show. I created some hanging ornaments that I had gotten some inspiration from a twitter post.
Twitter Ornament Inspiration

So here goes my attempt at recreating this great ornament and making it my own! I made 4 different ones!!!


I started out with these great little resin frames that I found at Michaels. I found red square frames, green oval frames, silver rectangle frames and gold circle frames. Of course I bought all of them!!! So once I had my frame I flipped it over and removed the stand off of the back


I then took the insert out of the frame and cut out my paper that I wanted to place into the frame. For this one I used CTMH Wonderland Level 2 Paper (X7146B) and cut it out the the dimensions needed to fit into the frame.


I then picked out some ribbon to use  for the ornament and chose some great Martha Stewart ribbon that I found and proceeded to hot glue it to the back of the frame.



Once I had the ribbon adhered I decided to focus on the front of the frame and decorating it. I wanted to keep these ornaments looking classy and elegant. I took some of the ribbon I used already and tied a cute little bow and hot glued it to the front of the ornament.


After I took a few minuted to look and absorb the finished product I realized it was too plain for me and decided it was missing something....lol!


But what?!?!?



In the end I decided to use my Gelly Embossing powder and my Holiday Cheer (B1381) to stamp and emboss the inside paper and add a simple and refined look to the ornament.

Here are a few of the other ones I created!
Enjoy!

Red Square Ornament with Believe Level 2 Paper (X7145B)



Red Square Ornament with Believe Level 2 Paper (X7145B)




Green Oval Ornament with Believe Level 2 Paper (X7145B)


Green Oval Ornament with Believe Level 2 Paper (X7145B)


Gold Circle Ornament with Wonderland Level 2 Paper (X7146B)


Hope you enjoyed this project and get some great inspiration for your own great Christmas season projects!

If you are interested in more information please feel free to Contact me
If you are interested in any of the great CTMH products I used please check out My Website

Let's Get Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought sharing happens here!